The UConn Recovery Community (URC) provides an environment that is supportive to the therapeutic and educational needs of UConn students recovering from addiction. The URC provides support through community building, social support, academic support, substance free activities, advocacy, outreach, and creating greater opportunities to access resources and services available on campus.
Beginning in September 2017 the URC will be providing an opportunity for URC members to live together in a supportive, sober community while participating in the URC programs. Recovery Housing is on a first come first serve basis. Students in recovery, with three (3) month’s sobriety and abstinence from substances may be eligible for recovery housing.
Eligible students in recovery may apply by doing the following:
- Indicating they are interested in recovery housing on their Residential Life Housing Application
- Applying for URC Membership – Contact Eileen Stone, Director of Wellness & Prevention Services, at (860) 486-9431 or at email@example.com
To apply for Housing online in the Cordial Storrs House as a student in the UConn Recovery Community you must apply through Residential Life. Please follow the steps below.
- Visit ApplyOnline & MyHousing at http://reslife.uconn.edu/myhousing/
- Log in using NetID and password.
- Under “Application” select “2017-2018 Current Undergraduate Housing & Learning Community Application”
- Fill out the housing application.
- In the “Preferences” section, indicate preference for recovery housing.